Flood recovery and support
Flood warnings are still in place for some parts of the district. Please remember it is not safe to either walk or drive through flood water. Despite some flooding, both Upton upon Severn and Tenbury Wells are open for business as usual.
District council to give emergency cash grant to households affected by flooding
Malvern Hills District Council has announced that it will be giving an emergency £250 cash grant to every household in the district that has been flooded to help deal with the impact of the floods. This extra support is being funded by small emergency planning reserves and is available for residents who have suffered flood damage to habitable rooms; damage to gardens, drives and garages is not included in the scheme. Click here for more details Emergency grants
Sandbags. If you have sandbags that need to be collected, please email our Street Scene Manager firstname.lastname@example.org and he will arrange for them to be picked up by the Recovery Support Team as soon as possible. Leave them outside where they are clearly visible and please bear with us, as there are a lot to collect!
Do you run a business that has been affected by the flooding in the Malvern Hills district? If so, click this link to find out how we can help: Support for businesses
* Take care of yourself and others during the floods - please follow this link to the county website for important information on keeping safe: Worcestershire county staying safe
* Public Health England have issued important flood advice. This includes information linked to the continued disruption from flooding and extreme weather and guidance on how to safely clean up your home if you have been flooded - follow this link - PHE flood advice. There is also a comprehensive FAQ - follow this link Public Health FAQ
* NHS Choices also offers useful guidance on health issues linked to flooding. Click here for more info NHS Choices
* Warning to watch water quality from private supplies in wet weather - Please click this link to read important information if you are using a private water supply: Water quality advice
* Flood warnings/alerts. For the latest information including advice about what to do in flood situations please visit the Environment Agency website. For up to date weather information please check the Met Office website.
* Highways Inspection Officers will be out and about across Worcestershire. If you spot a flooding problem on the roads please get in touch via the online 'Report It' section on this website. Alternatively, please call the Worcestershire Hub on 0845 607 2005.
* Refuse Collections
Unfortunately due to flooding we may be late, or unable to collect your refuse.
Many of our staff are working extra hours to ensure that we are offering the best service we can under the current conditions.
Please leave your bins and sacks out for collection as normal and we will try and collect them as soon as possible.
If you need any more information please contact us.