A Step-by-Step Guide to Starting a Youth Club
What Is a Youth Club?
A youth club is a safe, secure and alcohol free place where young people can relax and socialise.
Different people will come for different reasons:
- To enjoy other people's company
- To hang out somewhere warm
- To meet their mates
- To participate in activities
- To use computers and other facilities
- To get out of the house and spend time with other young people.
Youth clubs come in all shapes and sizes and there is no set formula.
The most important thing about a youth club is that it is set up by young people for young people with adult support.
Young people should be involved in the planning, researching, decision making, fundraising and running of a club; empowering young people and giving them responsibility creates a sense of ownership and commitment.