Business Rates in Malvern Hills
The non-domestic rates, or business rates, collected by local councils are the means by which businesses and others who occupy non-domestic property make a contribution towards the cost of local services.
Except in the City of London where special arrangements apply, the rates are pooled by central government and redistributed to local councils according to the number of people living in the area.
This money, together with revenue from council taxpayers, revenue support grant provided by the Government and certain other sums, is used to pay for the services provided by your local council and other local authorities in your area. More information on Business Rates can be found in our information leaflet.
Two discounts are available to businesses in 2014/15 and 2015/16
- Up to £1,000 discount each year for retail premises such as shops, pubs, cafes and restaurants with a rateable value up to £50,000
- 50% discount for 18 months for businesses moving into retail premises that have been empty for a year or more
- See more details about Retail Discounts
You can also find information for businesses at the following places:
- The Worcestershire County Council business information pages.
- The Businesslink website.
- Information about Trade Waste.
- Council Tax and Business Rates Direct Debit Form and Leaflet.
- Business Rate credit balances April 2014