Council Tax Support/Housing Benefit

Do you need help to pay your council tax bill or rent?

If you are liable to pay council tax or pay rent you may apply for benefit. Your benefit will be calculated based on the following:

  • Your capital, including any savings (if you and/or your partner have over £16,000 you will not qualify).
  • Your income.
  • The amount of council tax or rent you pay.
  • Your family circumstances.

Even if your income is high if you share a house with other adults (except for a partner) who have low incomes you may be able to claim council tax second adult rebate. Many people lose benefit because they delay making a claim. Benefit can not normally be backdated, so don’t delay - complete an application form as soon as possible. If you would like an application form or further information please contact us straight away.

Payment Problems

If you have problems paying your council tax please contact us straight away and we will be able to give you help and advice on whether it is possible to get your bill reduced. If your bill cannot be reduced we will advise you on what needs to be done.

Too Many Bills To Pay All At Once ?

Don't know where to turn ? Like the idea of FREE advice ?

For professional and INDEPENDENT advice contact the Citizen's Advice Bureau .... They will be happy to help

Malvern Hills District
Citizens Advice Bureau
The Grange
Grange Road
Malvern WR14 3HA
Opening hours:

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 10am-4pm
Enquiry Line: (01684) 563611
Page Information
This page was last reviewed 19 September 2013 at 12:34 by Sandra Gordon.
The page is next due for review 18 March 2014.
Email this page
Email to a Friend
Fill in the required details below to email this page to a friend.
You have
Add to Favourites Facebook Twitter
Map of Worcestershire Bromsgrove District Council Malvern District Council Redditch Borough Council Worcester City Council Wychavon District Council Wyre Forest District Council
The county of Worcestershire includes the districts of:

Google Translate
Malvern Hills District Council, Council House, Avenue Road, Malvern, WR14 3AF - Directions to Council Offices.