Applying For Housing Benefit Housing benefit

Housing benefit provides help towards the cost of accommodation.

If you live in rented accomodation you may qualify for this help if you:

Your landlord might be a Housing Association or a private landlord. You may rent a whole house or just a room.

The amount of help will depend on your income, personal and family circumstances. We will ignore any income you may get from war pensions or widows pensions.

You can get an estimate of your housing benefit using our online Benefits Calculator. You can apply for housing benefit by downloading and completing the Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support Application Form .  Alternatively you can get a form at any of our contact centres in Malvern, Tenbury Wells and Upton or contact us and we will send one out to you.

If you are already receiving housing benefit or council tax support but the benefit payment amount does not cover your total rent/council tax bill, then you can apply for an additional Discretionary Housing Payment.

For details of other benefits to which you may be entitled, visit the Department for Work and Pensions website or the Citizens Advice Bureau Adviceguide website. You can also find what the rates of benefit are by visiting the Rightsnet website.

Paying your Housing benefit

The safest and easiest way to receive your benefit is to have it paid straight into your bank or building society account as it avoids the risk of cheques being stolen or delayed in the post.

We cannot pay your benefit by cheque, if you do not have a bank account please see our leaflet about basic bank accounts.

Page Information
This page was last reviewed 17 March 2014 at 16:08 by Sandra Gordon.
The page is next due for review 13 September 2014.
Email this page
Email to a Friend
Fill in the required details below to email this page to a friend.
You have
Add to Favourites Facebook Twitter
Map of Worcestershire Bromsgrove District Council Malvern District Council Redditch Borough Council Worcester City Council Wychavon District Council Wyre Forest District Council
The county of Worcestershire includes the districts of:

Google Translate
Malvern Hills District Council, Council House, Avenue Road, Malvern, WR14 3AF - Directions to Council Offices.