Freedom of Information

Who can make a Freedom of Information Request?FOI logo

Everyone has the right to request information held by any Public Authority.  In most cases, you will be sent the requested information within 20 working days unless there is a specific reason not to send it, in this case it will be considered 'exempt' under one of the exemptions set out in the Act (for example, if the requested information includes personal information about another person).

Is it Free of Charge?

In most cases we will be able to provide the information free of charge.  

In cases where hard copies of documents are said to incur a charge, the cost will normally be calculated according to the council's Schedule of Charges. However, there may be cases where the information is charged outside the scope of the Schedule of Charges.  For example a Commercial Publication or information that is subject to a statutory charging regime.

For further information about charging please see the Council’s Schedule of Charges for the supply of information.

How do I make a Request?

Before you make a request, check our Publication Scheme.  It sets out what information we make routinely available, how you can get it and what it will cost. Also search the A-Z of council services located at the top right of this page. If you can’t find the information that you are looking for, just write to us.  This can be by email, fax or letter.

Your request must include:

  • Your name
  • The address or email address to which you wish the information to be sent
  • An outline of the information you would like. Give as much detail as possible, including dates, otherwise we may need to contact you again for clarification

If you wish to submit your request via e mail, please send your request to

If you would prefer to write to us, please send your request to

Malvern Hills District Council
The Council House
Avenue Road
WR14 3AF

Please mark your request “Freedom of Information” 

Complaints and appeals

If you are not happy with the council's response to your request or you have a complaint about the handling of your enquiry you should write to Mr John Williams, Head of Policy and Governance at the above address or e mail  Your complaint will be reviewed internally.

If you are not happy with the outcome of the internal review of your request, you can appeal to the Information Commissioners Office.

The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:

Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane

Telephone 01625 545745

Further details about the Freedom of Information Act can be found on the Information Commissioners website. Visit

Page Information
This page was last reviewed 1 July 2013 at 12:25 by Gill Thomas.
The page is next due for review 28 December 2013.
Email this page
Email to a Friend
Fill in the required details below to email this page to a friend.
You have
Add to Favourites Facebook Twitter
Map of Worcestershire Bromsgrove District Council Malvern District Council Redditch Borough Council Worcester City Council Wychavon District Council Wyre Forest District Council
The county of Worcestershire includes the districts of:

Google Translate
Malvern Hills District Council, Council House, Avenue Road, Malvern, WR14 3AF - Directions to Council Offices.