You are here: Malvern Hills District Council > Planning > Conservation > The Natural Environment > Applying to work on a Tree

Applying to Work on a Tree Subject to a Preservation Order or Within a Conservation Area.

Trees with a Preservation Order

In order to apply for consent to prune or fell any tree which is protected by a Tree Preservation Order you need to provide us with certain information. Please complete the Application Form for Tree Work ensuring we have all the relevant details.Help with the completion of the form may be found in the Guidance Notes on Completion of Tree Work Application Form .

Trees Within a Conservation Area

To notify us of your intention to carry out works to a tree(s) in a Conservation Area please complete our Application Form for Tree Work . If you send photos of the tree(s) you want to carry out work to this may help us to process your Notification more quickly. Help with the completion of the form may be found in the Guidance Notes on Completion of Tree Work Application Form .


On Receipt of the Completed Form

The application will be registered and an acknowledgement letter sent to you or your agent. This will specify the date by which a decision should be reached. Details will be sent to the local Parish Council  and other interested parties for comments.

The council's Landscape Officer will then make a site visit to inspect the tree(s) in question. It will not be necessary for you to be at home when the Officer calls but if you wish to discuss the matter, or if the Officer is unable to access the tree(s), this should be noted on the form and a mutually convenient date and time will be arranged.

Amenity and arboricultural considerations will be taken into account, along with reasons you have given for the work and any representations which may have been received. Following the site visit a decision will normally be made by the Head of Planning Services after which a Decision Notice will be issued.


Through the Canopy of a Tree


If you are unhappy with the decision (this only applies to applications to work on TPOd trees) you may appeal to the Secretary of State. This process is free of charge and the forms are available from:

The Planning Inspectorate
Environment Team
4/04, Kite Wing, Temple Quay House
2 The Square
Temple Quay

Tel: 01173 728 192
Fax: 01172 726 241


Page Information
This page was last reviewed 29 November 2013 at 9:39 by Chris Lewis-Farley.
The page is next due for review 28 May 2014.
Email this page
Email to a Friend
Fill in the required details below to email this page to a friend.
You have
Add to Favourites Facebook Twitter
Map of Worcestershire Bromsgrove District Council Malvern District Council Redditch Borough Council Worcester City Council Wychavon District Council Wyre Forest District Council
The county of Worcestershire includes the districts of:

Google Translate
Malvern Hills District Council, Council House, Avenue Road, Malvern, WR14 3AF - Directions to Council Offices.