Foul Drainage - Important Announcement

On 1st October 2011 the ownership of all private drain pipes outside householders' own boundaries and all shared private sewer pipes was transferred to the water/sewerage companies.

Prior to this date, many property owners will have had responsibility or shared responsibility for sewers and drains both inside and outside their boundaries up to where they connect to public sewers, which could in the past lead to difficulties in resolving problems and large bills to pay for repairs. Environmental Health Departments have previously advised upon and used enforcement powers to deal with these issues, but from 1st October 2011 all blockages and other problems relating to shared sewers and drains outside householders boundaries should be reported direct to the relevant sewerage company, which for Worcestershire is Severn Trent Water.

The contact number for Severn Trent Water is 0800 783 4444. Any issues relating to the service provided by Severn Trent in dealing with such matters should be taken up in accordance with their complaints procedure.

Non mains drainage remains within private ownership, and pollution or nuisance from private treatment plants, septic tanks and cesspools will be investigated by Worcestershire Regulatory Services. The contact telephone number is 01905 822799.

Page Information
This page was last reviewed 3 October 2011 at 14:50 by Brian Edmunds.
The page is next due for review 31 March 2012.
Email this page
Email to a Friend
Fill in the required details below to email this page to a friend.
You have
Add to Favourites Facebook Twitter
Map of Worcestershire Bromsgrove District Council Malvern District Council Redditch Borough Council Worcester City Council Wychavon District Council Wyre Forest District Council
The county of Worcestershire includes the districts of:

Google Translate
Malvern Hills District Council, Council House, Avenue Road, Malvern, WR14 3AF - Directions to Council Offices.