How to comment on an application
Comments may be made by anyone regardless of whether they are
consulted individually. We welcome any comments, whether in
support of an application or objecting to it, however the
council can only take account of "planning
These include matters such as:
- The effect on traffic or parking
- The appearance of the proposal
- Overlooking or disturbance
- Loss of light or privacy
- Impact on the local environment
- Whether the proposed use is suitable
We cannot take into account matters such
- Private disputes between neighbours
- Matters covered by leases or covenants
- The impact of construction work
- Competition between firms
Comments which contain racist,
defamatory or derogatory remarks will not be published or
taken into consideration.
Please refrain from making comments about the applicant
or other interested parties.
Do not use the online comments facility as a forum to
Please ensure that your include your name, the
date, full postal address and the reference number of the
application you are commenting on.
- Comments can be made in writing, by individual letter or
petition to:- Planning, Economy and Housing Services,
The Council House, Avenue Road, Malvern, Worcs. WR14
3AF. If a copy of your comments have not
appeared on the website within 5 working days, please contact us
via the e-mail email@example.com
or call the
Worcestershire Hub on 01684 862151 to check whether or not we
have received it. Thank you.
- Comments should be submitted as soon as possible, although the
council will take into account any representations received up to
the date it makes a decision.
- Senior officers make decisions on minor or non-controversial
applications but if the application is to be decided by the Area
Development Control Committees, any planning comments will be
reported and drawn to their attention before a decision is
- The Committee Reports and Agendas are published at least 5
working days in advance and can be viewed here.
The meetings are held in public. You can also inspect a copy
of the Committee Reports under Documents.
- It is not possible to respond individually to comments but if
you have commented, you will be informed of the council's decision
and any conditions that may have been placed on a permission.
- Only the applicant can appeal against the decision but if an
appeal is made, you will be notified and will then have the
opportunity of making further representations to the Government
Planning Inspector dealing with the appeal.