If you have a problem with flooding, please ensure that you contact the most appropriate body to deal with the issue.
- Blocked highway drains and gullies – Please contact Worcestershire County Council
- Blocked Road Culverts – Please contact Worcestershire County Council
- Water Off the Highway – Please contact Worcestershire County Council
- Main Rivers – Please contact Environment Agency
- Public Sewers – Please contact Severn Trent Water Limited
- Ordinary Watercourses (watercourses that are not Main River) – Please contact Paul Green, South Worcestershire Land Drainage Partnership on email@example.com
Sandbags are only partially effective for flood defence purposes provided that they are used in conjunction with a suitable impermeable membrane. They can only be relied upon as a temporary measure, so where there is a regular need for some form of flood defence, we suggest a more easily deployed barrier or another form of property protection. For more information contact the National Flood Forum for independent advice and information.
In the event of flooding sandbags are available from the Council Depot in Pendragon Close, Malvern WR14 1GR, and may also be available at East Waterside, Upton. These are limited to 6 filled sandbags per household, a limited number of sandbags may be available.
In addition, rest centres and other forms of assistance may be organised by the Emergency Management Team as necessary. Advice on how individuals and communities can help themselves to prepare for flooding is available on our Flood Advice web page.
Information about flood warnings and river levels can be found through calling the Environment Agency Floodline on 0845 988 1188 or on the Environment Agency website.
Information about the latest flooding situation is available from:
- Malvern Hills District Council website home page
- BBC Hereford & Worcester radio on 104 FM or 94.7 FM