Watching fireworks can be great fun but they can cause problems if they are not used safely or events well organised.
Every year children and adults are hurt by fireworks or displays cause nuisance which could have been avoided if some basic rules were followed.
Before the Display
- Check with Environmental Services that the proposed event will not cause a noise nuisance and is allowed at the premises,
- Check that the fireworks are suitable for the size of the garden/land and conform to BS 7114
- Nominate one person as responsible for the fireworks.
- Fireworks and the Law
- Advice can be obtained from the Health and Safety Executive or Firework Safety website.
- Help protect your dog on firework night.
During the Display:
- Keep people back from the area where fireworks are being kept and lit.
- Have some fire fighting equipment available
- Provide proper supports or launchers for fireworks
- Always supervise children
Illegal Firework Sales
If you believe someone is selling fireworks illegally, please contact Worcestershire County Council Trading Standards office.