How to Comment or Object an Application
We encourage you to use the online comment facility, however if you would like to send an e-mail please use email@example.com . PLEASE NOTE: Representations cannot be taken into account by the Council without a contact name and a full postal address. Please ensure you state these and the application number in your e-mail.
In Writing by Individual Letter or Petition
Planning and Housing Services, The Council House, Avenue Road, Malvern, Worcs, WR14 3AF.
If a copy of your comments have not appeared on the website within 5 working days, please contact us via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Worcestershire Hub 01684 862151.
Comments may be made by anyone, regardless of whether they are consulted individually. Please ensure that your include your name, the date, full postal address and the reference number of the application you are commenting on.
We welcome any comments, whether in support of an application or objecting to it, although the council can only take account of "planning considerations".
These include matters such as:
- The effect on traffic or parking
- The appearance of the proposal
- Overlooking or disturbance,
- Loss of light or privacy,
- Impact on the local environment
- Whether the proposed use is suitable.
We cannot take into account matters such as:
- Private disputes between neighbours
- Matters covered by leases or covenants
- The impact of construction work
- Competition between firms
Comments which contain offensive or inappropriate language, racist, defamatory or derogatory remarks will not be published or taken into consideration.
Please refrain from making comments about the applicant or other interested parties.
Do not use the online comments facility as a forum to exchange views.
- Comments should be submitted as soon as possible, although the council will take into account any representations received up to the date it makes a decision.
- Senior officers make decisions on minor or non-controversial applications but if the application is to be decided by the Area Development Control Committees, any planning comments will be reported and drawn to their attention before a decision is made.
- The Committee Reports and Agendas are published at least 5 working days in advance and can be viewed here, the meetings are held in public, you can also inspect a copy of the Committee Reports under Documents.
- The council operate 'public speaking' at the Area Planning Committee Meetings. If you have made written comments, we will normally write to you to let you know the time and venue of the meeting.
- It is not possible to respond individually to comments but if you have commented, you will be informed of the council's decision and any conditions that may have been placed on a permission.
- Only the applicant can appeal against the decision but if an appeal is made, you will be notified and will then have the opportunity of making further representations to the Government Planning Inspector dealing with the appeal.