Licensing Act 2003

Broadly, there are three areas controlled by the Licensing Act 2003 - sale or supply of alcohol, provision of entertainment and provision of late night refreshment.  
Licensing Act 2003 forms and fees are set centrally by the Government, and administered by Worcestershire Regulatory Services on behalf of Malvern Hills District Council. 
Many applications can now be made online - please see the specific pages on this site. We will continue to accept applications delivered to our Customer Contact Centre in Malvern.
Application forms are available to download from the Home Office website. You can also find information regarding Door supervisor licences here.


Service of any licence related documentation should be made to the Licensing Section, Malvern Hills District Council, The Council House, Avenue Road, Malvern, WR14 3AF.
Please note that we are not able to see visitors at that address.
Personal callers can be seen at our Customer Contact Centre, at The Library, Graham Road, Malvern, WR14 2HU by appointment only.
Where a document has to be served on the Police, please use the address:
Licensing Unit, Police Station, West Mercia Constabulary, Castle Street, Worcester, WR1 3QX.

Club Premises

To apply by post, download forms from the Home Office website.
Note that for a new club premises certificate, two forms are needed -  application for club premises AND Declaration for a Club Premises Certificate to be granted).  Find out more on our Club Premises page.


It isn't possible to apply online for a personal licence.
Download the Application for Personal Licence and "Disclosure of Convictions and Declaration" Forms from the Home Office website.  Find out more on our Personal Licences page.


Read our Guidance Notes and Licensing Act 2003 Policy (2011) for new premises licence applicants. Most Premises licence related applications can be made online - find out more on our Premises Licence page.
For postal applications, you can load forms from the Home Office website, to complete and send to us with the proper fee.  You may also have to send copies to the responsible authorities (list).
For applications to grant or change a premises licence you will have to advertise the application in the press and on the premises: use our template for the advertisement.
Please note that two forms are often required, an application form and a consent form. For example:
  1. For a new Premises Licence, an application for Premises Licence AND consent of Designated Premises Supervisor form, if alcohol is to be sold.
  2. To transfer an existing premises licence, you will need to download the application to transfer AND consent of the current licence holder forms.
  3. To change the named person responsible for day to day management of the premises, application to vary a premises licence to specify a designated premises supervisor AND a DPS consent form.

Temporary Events Notice (TEN)

Temporary Events Notices can be served online.  Find out more on our TEN page.
Or, you can apply by post: Download a TEN form or look on the Home Office website.  
Fill it in and make two more copies. Send the original and one copy with the fee of £21.00 to arrive at our office no later than 10 working days  before the event takes place (not including the day we receive it nor the day of the event).
Send the remaining copy to The Chief Office of Police on the same day. Addresses are given above. If posting, you are likely to need a large envelope and a "large letter" stamp - please speak to post office counter staff for advice.
In partnership with EUGO logo