National Application Fees

Fees can be calculated using the Fee Calculator on the Planning Portal Website.

Alternatively you can view their 'What it costs' page or use this direct link to the fees schedule for all English applications.

National Standard Application Forms

There is still an option to complete and submit paper copies of an application form.

If you know which form you need you can download it from the links below, together with the relevant help text and validation checklist for each form.

These forms are also useful if you want to get familiar with them before submitting your application via the Planning Portal.

Notes regarding Notices

Householder Application Notice - This notice is for householder applications and is to be printed and served on the property owner prior to completing Certificate B.

  • Notice 1 - This notice is for non-householder applications and is to be printed and served on the property owner prior to completing Certificate B.
  • Notice 2 - This notice is for publication in a local newspaper if the property owner is unknown prior to completing Certificate C or D.

If you need any advice on these forms please contact Customer Services.

1. Householder Application

2. Householder - Involving Demolition in a Conservation Area

3. Householder - Listed Building

4. Application for Planning Permission

5. Outline - Some reserved matters

6. Outline - All reserved matters

7. Planning - Conservation Area

8. Planning - Listed Building

9. Planning - Advertisement

10. Planning - Demolition in Conservation Area

11. Listed Building Consent - LBC

12. Advertisement Consent - ADC

13. Lawful Development Certificate - Existing Use

14. Lawful Development Certificate - Proposed Use

15. Lawful Development Certificate - Proposed Works to Listed Building

16. Agricultural - Building

17. Agricultural - Road

18. Agricultural - Excavation/Deposit

19. Agricultural - Fish Tank

20. Electronic Communications

21. Hedgerow Removal Notice

22. Prior Notification - Demolition

23. Reserved Matters Approval

24. Remove or Vary a Condition

25. Approval of Details Required By Condition or Confirmation that Conditions Have Been Complied With

26. Planning application for development relating to the onshore extraction of oil and gas

27. Tree Works

28. Extension of Time to Implement an Extant Planning Permission

  • Application for Extensions to the Time Limits for Implementing Planning Permissions and Associated Listed Building and/or Conservation Area Consents
  • Help with form 33

29.  Application for a Non-Material Amendment

30.  S106 Application to Modify or Discharge a Planning Obligation

  • S106 Application to Vary a Planning Agreement
  • Help with Form 35
  • Notice 1
  • Certificate 1

31. Prior Approval Notification - Larger Home Extension

32. Prior Approval Notification - Proposed Change of Use to State Funded School

33. Prior Approval Notification - Proposed Change of Use of Agricultural Building to a State-Funded School or Registered Nursery

34. Prior Approval Notification - Proposed Change of Use of:

Agricultural Building to a flexible use within Shops, Financial and Professional services, Restaurants and Cafes, Business, Storage or Distribution, Hotels, or Assembly or Leisure.

35. Notification - Change of Use of Offices (Class B1(a)) to Dwellinghouses (Class C3)                    

36. Notification - Change of Use of Agricultural Building to a Dwellinghouse (Use Class C3), and for Associated Operational Development

37. Prior Approval of Proposed Change of Use of a building from a Retail (Use Class A1 or A2) or a Mixed Retail and Residential Use, to a use falling within Use Class C3 (Dwellinghouse), and for Associated Operational Development