Welcome to our Planning Policy Web Pages
Planning policies set out how planning applications will be considered.
The guidance comes in the form of formal 'development plans' and more informal 'supplementary' guidance.
The Development Plans Team is responsible for developing the council's planning policies.
The Team can provide you with information on:
- The overall Malvern Hills planning policy framework
- The South Worcestershire Development Plan
- Interactive Policies Map
- The Local Development Scheme
- The Statement of Community Involvement
- Development Plan Documents
- Supplementary Planning Documents and guidance
- Neighbourhood Planning
- The Self Build Register
- The Malvern Hills District Authority Monitoring Report
- Monitoring Housing Land Supply
- Monitoring Employment Land Supply
- The Community Infrastructure Levy
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment Report
This is a guide to the Development Plans and Conservation Section and our service standards.
The key planning policy documents for Malvern Hills district are below. Further information is available by clicking on the links in the titles below.
The Planning Policy Framework
The planning policy framework includes Development Plan Documents, such as the adopted South Worcestershire Development Plan.
The policy framework also includes Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance.
The Planning Policy Framework webpage sets out an overview of the planning policy framework for the Malvern Hills district.
South Worcestershire Development Plan (SWDP) 2016
The South Worcestershire Development Plan is a joint plan prepared by Malvern Hills District Council, Worcester City Council and Wychavon District Council and will guide development in the area up to the year 2030. It was adopted on 25th February 2016.
It forms part of the new Local Plan, together with the emerging Travellers and Travelling Showpeople DPD, and replace the existing Local Plans of the three councils.
The MHDC Local Plan (1996-2011)
The Malvern Hills District Local Plan 2006 is superseded by the South Worcestershire Development Plan and its policies no longer apply. The plan is archived here for reference only.