Recycling Hints and Tips
Our recycling rate in the Malvern Hills District is around 32% .....we need to do as much as we can to recycle more.
Reduce, Re-Use or Recycle in the Home Where Possible
You can find out more about reducing, re-using and recycling from Let's waste less.
- Make space next to your waste bin for a recycling and/or compost container - it makes recycling easier.
- Recycle bottles and jars at your local supermarket when you do your weekly shop - drop before you shop!
- There is no need to squash cans, cartons or bottles anymore - but do please wash them out.
- Recycle clothes, books & unwanted gifts at charity shops, clothes banks, swishing parties or via door step charity bags.
- Re-use take-away plastic containers as tupperware for packed lunches or food storage.
- When you go shopping use an environmentally friendly re-usable material shopping bag. Check packaging can be recycled so that you reduce the amount of waste from your shopping trips.
- Reduce your junk mail by contacting The Mailing Preference Service, Freepost 22, London, W1E 7EZ. Tel: 0207 291 3310.
- Place a compost bin in your garden for kitchen and soft garden waste e.g; grass cuttings, soft hedging and plants
- Larger items can be taken to a household waste site or you could arrange for a bulky collection by calling Customer Services on 01684 862151.
- For information on furniture re-use organisations call 01905 766 883 or try Malvern Hills Freecycle site (below).