As a resident of the Malvern Hills District your household refuse is collected once a week.
- When is my bin collection day? Collection day search
- Black sacks - sacks are delivered once a year to each household
- Place the sack out for collection by 7 am, inside the boundary of your property nearest the main road
- Please do not obstruct public highways
- Information and advice on waste reduction
We collect general waste in black sacks, we do not provide bins for general waste. Bins can be purchased by residents for the storage of black sacks in order to prevent vermin/animals attacking and ripping open the sacks. However, on the residents day of collection, the sacks must be removed from the bin and be available for collection by the refuse operatives. We cannot guarantee that sacks left in bins will be taken and we will not return to collect them, if reported as missed.
Should residents feel strongly enough regarding the receptacle type, we do recommend they discuss it with their local Councillor.
The council will collect most types of waste, however, we cannot collect poisonous, hazardous or clinical waste nor builders rubble. From 1 April 2009 it became illegal to mix gypsum and other high sulphate wastes with biodegradable waste in landfill in England and Wales. The mix produces toxic hydrogen sulphide gas. The most common gypsum based products are plaster and plasterboard. These will not be accepted. Please contact The Environment Agency who will provide advice on disposal.