Reporting Dead Animals

Dead animals on public land

The council responds to complaints concerning dead animals on public highways and all adopted locations (this does not include privately owned roads and land).

When reporting animals on the highway or public open land, please include the following information:

  • Location
  • Large/small animal 
  • Has is been dumped or struck by a vehicle?

Report the location of a dead animal on public land

Dead animals on private property

District councils are not responsible for the removal of any dead animal from private property. 

Landowners should be advised if found on private property to dispose of the animal in a hygienic manner.