Statement of Community Involvement (SCI)
The Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) sets out what Malvern Hills District Council will do to involve the community, and other stakeholders in the preparation and revision of planning policy documents and decisions on planning applications.
Current Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) - September 2014
You will probably be aware that the three Councils of Malvern Hills, Worcester City and Wychavon are working together on the joint South Worcestershire Development Plan (SWDP).
The three authorities have agreed to produce a number of joint planning documents, and to each review and update their current adopted Statement of Community Involvement.
The current Malvern Hills Statement of Community Involvement was adopted on 30th September 2014.
The adoption was preceded by a seven week consultation period from 15th November 2013 to 5pm on 3rd January 2014 where comments were invited on the draft revised Statement of Community Involvement (November 2013). A consultation statement has been produced which summarises the representations and responses received during the consultation period and the outcome of any subsequent changes that were proposed.
The current SCI and Consultation Statement are available to view below.
The proposed plan-making consultation arrangements set out in the three South Worcestershire Council's SCIs are aligned, although there will be slight differences in the text due to the three Councils' individual corporate procedures. The consultation arrangements in respect of planning applications will also be different for each Council.
Previous Versions of the SCI
A previous version of the Malvern Hills Statement of Community Involvement was adopted in April 2006, following independent Examination by a Planning Inspector.
This has been replaced by the new 2014 SCI.
Development of the Previous SCI
- Statement of Community Involvement Adoption Statement (26th April 2006)
- Statement of Community Involvement Formal Assessment by Planning Inspectorate (21st April 2006)
- Statement of Community Involvement Submission Document (October 2005);
- Revised Statement of Consultation:
- Appendix A - Pre-Submission Consultees
- Appendix B - Planning Committee 25/04/05 (Report & Update Sheet)
- Appendix C - Publication of Public Notices
- Appendix D - Public Participation of Consultees
- Appendix E - Public Participation Document
- Appendix F - Public Participation Poster
- Appendix G - Press Release
- Appendix H - Planning Committee 09/08/05 (Planning Report & Schedule)
- Appendix I - List of Adjoining Parish/Town Councils (Consultation Letter 190805)
- Appendix J - Submission Document Consultation (Letter 241005)
- Appendix K - Proposal Matters (Reg 28) (Notice of Submission - Public Participation)
- Draft Statement of Community Involvement (May 2005)
Copies of the document can be purchased from Customer Services at a cost of £5.00 plus £1.00 postage and packing.