Search the Local Land Charges Register
Check the Local Land Charge Archive
- These are the old registration cards.
- They have not been updated since 2002 and are only a historical reference.
- They are provided in order to enable you to confirm that you have all the information you require.
- It is rare but it is possible that information that was recorded on the card has not been recorded on the map.
- If you find a discrepancy we would be interested to hear from you.
- Please note, your property may not have a registration card.
How to search the archive:
- The scanned files from land charges have been grouped together by Parish (which you can find out from the map) and are viewable by clicking on the links next to the address. Use your browser's find facility (Ctrl + F) to search for the address on the page.
- Don't forget to search by historic name if your property was known as something else in the past or even by its plot number. You would have been shown this on the map.
- If you do not find your property and you have checked for previous addresses then you may assume all the registration data has been transferred to the map.
Please note the register cards have 2 sides, so each paper file has 2 scan images. Your property could also have more than 1 paper file, all these will be shown.
Check the Planning Register
- Please confirm that you have all the planning information by searching for your property on the planning register.
- Details of the applications found on the map can be viewed here too.
- Although every effort is made to ensure that the information on the land charges map is present, previously some planning was not recorded against a map and it is prudent to search against the property address.
For Con29 information not included in the Local Land Charge Register:
- Please contact the originating department for information.