South Worcestershire Development Plan (SWDP)
- The Adopted South Worcestershire Development Plan (PDF - 26mb)
- Interactive SWDP Policies Map
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment Report
The South Worcestershire Development Plan was adopted on 25th February 2016. The SWDP is a planning framework that aims to ensure development has a positive impact on the enviroment. It has been jointly prepared by Malvern Hills District Council, Worcester City Council and Wychavon District Council and will guide development in the area up to the year 2030.
It forms part of the new Local Plan, together with the emerging Travellers and Travelling Showpeople DPD, and replaces the existing Local Plans of the three councils.
The SWDP considersthe long term vision and objectives for South Worcestershire and contains the policies for delivering these objectives in a planned and cohesive manner.
- allocates larger 'strategic' site across South Worcestershire;
- provides policies to ensure that any development is sustainable;
- and assesses all other potential development sites whether for housing, employment, retail, education, health, community use or an open space use.
Publication of the Inspector’s Report into the South Worcestershire Development Plan
On 4th February 2016 the Planning Inspectorate issued the South Worcestershire Development Plan (SWDP) examination Inspector’s final report. This report , which concludes that the SWDP (as modified) meets all the soundness and legal compliance tests, as of 5th February is now published and is available to view below:
- SWDP Inspector's Report
- SWDP Inspector's Report Annex A - Interim Conclusions
- SWDP Inspector's Report Annex B - Further Interim Conclusions
- SWDP Inspector's Report Main Modifications Appendix
- Consultation letter of the publication of the Inspector’s Report
- Interactive Policies Map
The Inspector’s Report is also available on the South Worcestershire Development Plan website.
The SWDP was formally adopted on 25th February 2016, following approval by each Council on 23rd February 2016 (Worcester and Malvern Hills councils) and 24th February 2016 (Wychavon council).
The SWDP evidence documents and further background information can be viewed on the SWDP website.