Weekly Refuse Collection Support Scheme and Bid for Funding
At the end of 2012 Malvern Hill's District council successfully beat off stiff competition with its bid for funding of £1.67 million, from the Government's Weekly Collection Support Scheme.
This funding will enable the council to continue to provide its highly valued weekly black sack refuse collection service, for at least the next five years.
The funding, spread over three financial years, will cover the cost of implementing changes to recycling collections which need to be in place by 2015.
For more information you can read the council's Bid document.
The supporting documentation from the bid is also available to the public.
To read the supporting information, please follow the links below. All are PDF documents, apart from Annex 4 which is an Excel spreadsheet.
- Annex 1 - Resources and performance.
- Annex 2 - Waste and recycling opinion survey.
- Annex 3 - Public consultation on future recycling and refuse collections.
- Annex 4 - Cost Effectiveness.
- Annex 5 - WRCPG Monthly Glass Collection Options v1 0.
- Annex 6 - RSN benchmarking Malvern Hills ro 2010-2011.
- Annex 7 - Performance and CO2 Impact Analysis.
- Annex 8 - JMWMS - Managing waste for a brighter future.
- Annex 9 - WCSS High level project plan.
- Annex 10 - WCSS Initial Project Risk register.
- Annex 11 - S 151 Officer supporting statement.