Committee calls for ideas to be put under the microscope
Malvern Hills District Council Overview and Scrutiny Committee has published its Annual Report reflecting on their findings and successes over the last year.
The Committee has a responsibility to provide critical friend support to the Council and to advocate on behalf of and challenge other bodies.
Highlights from the committees work in 2013/14 include:
• Championing local concerns at the Joint Strategic Review of Acute Hospital Services.
• Working to promote the maintenance of orchards within the district.
• Challenging the Councils performance management information
• Challenging the emerging Sports and leisure strategy.
• Supporting older and disabled persons to live independently in their own homes.
Cllr. Mike Morgan, Chairman of Overview and Scrutiny at MHDC said "This has been a really busy year and we're very pleased with the contributions we've made to reviewing and scrutinising areas that are important to the district. But we're really keen to hear what residents think and what they'd like us to look at in the future."
Anyone wishing to supply a view can do can by calling 01684 862273 or e-mailing Karen.Jarman@malvernhills.gov.uk for a form.