Team Piano Push all set for charity challenge
A team of Victorian adventurers are making their final preparations ahead of the Great Piano Push challenge.
The group, from Malvern Hills and Wychavon District Councils, have been preparing with a recent practice session in Malvern, and are now fully set to push the 500lb piano from Great Malvern Town Centre to the top of the Worcestershire Beacon.
The quirky fund-raiser will be raising vital funds for Worcestershire Breast Unit Haven, in the name of a colleague battling cancer.
The event takes place on Saturday 3 June 2017, starting from Great Malvern and finishing at the top of the Beacon.
Anyone wanting to support or donate on the day can watch the team and performances at these times:
- 11am - Starts at traffic light junction of Church Street, Great Malvern with first performance.
- 11:20am - Piano departs up the first major incline of Church Street.
- 11:40am – Assemble at Belle Vue Terrace for second performance.
- 12pm – Piano departs onto Wells Road and Wych Road.
- 1pm – Arrive at Earnslaw Quarry car park for third performance.
- 1.20pm – Departs and heads for the turning point of the route at the Wyche Cutting.
- 1.45pm – Arrive opposite The Wyche Inn for the fourth performance.
- 2.05pm – Departs up Beacon Road towards final destination.
- 3pm – Arrive at Worcestershire Beacon, final performance of the day.
Chris Lewis-Farley, Landscape Officer from Malvern Hills District Council said: “The Piano Push practice session went really well. The team all pulled (or pushed) together and we are all very excited about the challenge ahead.
“The public’s response to the event has been fantastic with many people already giving to the charity very generously. While the event starts at 11am, I hope people can also come and support us at the various performance stops along the way and at the Worcestershire Beacon when we get there. It really will be a most splendid endeavour!”
To donate or for more information about the route and music stops visit: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/MalvernHillPianoPush.