You find the following sources of information and intelligence useful:
- Census 2011 - several hundred separate datasets covering a wide range of population characteristics and subject areas.
- The Office for National Statistics (ONS) – datasets for local areas and regions covering a wide range of themes including business and energy, crime and justice, population and transport.
- NOMIS – Nomis is a service provided by the Office for National Statistics giving access to the most detailed and up-to-date UK labour market statistics from official sources. This includes local area reports that give census information at individual ward, parish and small area level.
- Index of Multiple Deprivation (IMD) - identify the most deprived areas across the country. The indices combine a number of indicators, chosen to cover a range of economic, social and housing issues, into a single deprivation score for each small area in England.
- NHS Health Profiles - these provide an overview of health indicators for different localities highlighting issues and how areas compare.