This plan is now superseded by the South Worcestershire Development Plan (SWDP)
The Malvern Hills District Local Plan 1996-2011 was adopted on 12 July 2006.
It was prepared under the 'old style' plan-making system.
Following the introduction of a new plan making system in 2004, transitional arrangements were put in place to allow the automatic saving of the adopted policies for a period of three years until July 2009.
Malvern Hills District Council successfully applied have most of the Local Plan policies saved beyond that date.
On July 9th 2009, the Government confirmed the list of saved policies.
The following Local Plan Policies were not saved (now superseded by the SWDP)
- DS2 Sustainable Development
- DS6 Phasing of residential Allocations
- DS16 Development and Flood Risk
- EP3 Office development
- EP4 Design Standards for Employment Sites
- EP5 Home Based Businesses
- EP11 Food and Drink Establishments
- EP19 Land off Pickersleigh Road, Malvern
- QL18 Protected Species
- QL23 Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- QL24 Landscape Character
- QL25 Protecting Water Supply
- QL26 Pollution Control
- QL27 Foul Drainage
- QL28 Surface Water Drainage
- QL29 Contaminated Land
- QL30 Renewable Energy
- ST2 Public Transport, Walking and Cycling
- ST3 Parking, Servicing and Commuted Parking Requirements
- ST4 Minimising Travel Impacts
- CN6 Efficient Use of Land for residential Development
- CN11 Gypsy Sites