At a time when the safeguarding of children and adults with care and support needs has never been a greater concern, the Council felt it was important to review its Safeguarding Policy to ensure its arrangements adequately reflect the additional responsibilities currently being placed on it, and that these additional requirements are being fully considered in the approach being taken to protect people from abuse.
We are therefore pleased to introduce the revised Safeguarding Policy which aims to outline the responsibilities of the Council, and how they dovetail with other agencies, to safeguard children and adults with care and support needs from harm and abuse.
- pdf Safeguarding Policy 2018 (258 KB)
- pdf Annex A responding to a concern or disclosure flowchart (163 KB)
- pdf Annex B disclosure form (100 KB)
- pdf Annex C escalating a concern (82 KB)
- pdf Annex D Staff and Elected Membes Roles and Responsibilities (73 KB)
- pdf Annex E The Role of District Councils in Safeguarding Checklist (80 KB)
- pdf Annex G Types of Abuse of Children and Adults with Care and Support Needs (78 KB)
- pdf Annex H glossary of terms (73 KB)
- pdf Annex I legislative framework (78 KB)