At a time when the safeguarding of children and adults with care and support needs has never been a greater concern, the Council felt it was important to review its Safeguarding Policy to ensure its arrangements adequately reflect the additional responsibilities currently being placed on it, and that these additional requirements are being fully considered in the approach being taken to protect people from abuse.
We are therefore pleased to introduce the revised Safeguarding Policy which aims to outline the responsibilities of the Council, and how they dovetail with other agencies, to safeguard children and adults with care and support needs from harm and abuse.
- Safeguarding Policy 2018
- Annex A responding to a concern or disclosure flowchart
- Annex B disclosure form
- Annex C escalating a concern
- Annex D Staff and Elected Membes Roles and Responsibilities
- Annex E The Role of District Councils in Safeguarding Checklist
- Annex G Types of Abuse of Children and Adults with Care and Support Needs
- Annex H glossary of terms
- Annex I legislative framework