Malvern Hills Business Briefing Events
Malvern Hills District Council is engaging with local businesses through a series of regular Business Briefing events.
Each event will typically be focused on a topic of interest, and there will also be an opportunity for businesses to share their views on how the council can best support them, and to discuss any issues they may currently be facing, as well as an opportunity for networking.
If you are interested in attending and would like to be added to the distribution list for event details, please contact the Economic Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date, topic and venue TBC.
- 22 June 2017 The Bank House Hotel, Bransford. The topic for this event was ‘New EU Funding Programmes' including talks from Phoebe Dawson of Worcestershire Business Central, Steve Borwell-Fox of Borwell, and Simon Smith and Amanda Lloyd of MHDC.
- 12 January 2017 Malvern Hills College. The topic for this event was 'Skills & Business Support' including talks from Melanie Shaw of WCG, Joanne O’Sullivan of SERCO, Catherine Bray of Economic Growth Solutions, and Chris Atkinson of Worcestershire County Council.
- 15 September 2016 Malvern Hills Science Park. The topic for this event was 'Innovation Support' including talks from Dr Adrian Burden of Innovate Malvern CIC, Simon Smith of MHDC, Jess Antley of WINN, and Hollie Kirk of Worcestershire County Council.
- 12 May 2016 Open Space Meeting Rooms. The topic for this event was ‘Commercial and Infrastructure development in South Worcestershire' and included presentation from MHDC’s Head of Planning and Housing, Gary Williams, and Worcestershire LEP Growth Plan Project Manager, Ian Edwards, plus an update from Simon Smith on MHDC’s new Five Year Plan.
- 14 January 2016 Malvern Hills Science Park. The topic for this event was ‘Health and Wellbeing in the Workplace' including talks from Worcestershire County Council, ICE Creates, and CAB South Worcestershire.
- 29 September 2015 Open Space Rooms, Malvern. The topic for this event was ‘Economic and Business Growth in Worcestershire' with talks from Gary Woodman of Worcestershire Local Enterprise Partnership and Mike Ashton of Herefordshire & Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce.
- 2 July 2015 Morgan Motor Company Visitor Centre. Themed around ‘Recruitment and skills' the event welcomed 4 speakers including Dr Adrian Burden covering STEM careers, Paul Harper of Graduate Advantage and Stewart Speake of University of Worcester on Graduate Recruitment, Internships and placements and Matt Tope of WCC on connecting Schools and Business programme.
- 5 February 2015 South Worcestershire College. The topic for this event was ‘Superfast Broadband and Cyber Security First Steps for Business'.
- 9 January 2014 Malvern Hills Science Park. This event focused on the support available for local businesses to take on graduates, with talks from Simon Smith (Malvern Hills District Council), Steve Borwell-Fox and Sam Williams (borwell Ltd), Aamir Kayani (Worcestershire County Council), and Stewart Speake (University of Worcester).
- 10 April 2014 Morgan Visitor Centre. This event focused on Planning and Infrastructure with a talk from Gary Williams (Head of Planning, Economy and Housing at Malvern Hills District Council). There were also talks from Lisa Sanders (Worcestershire Business Central) and Luke Willetts (Worcestershire LEP).
- 31 July 2014 Three Counties Showground. The topic for this event was ‘Workforce for the Future' with talks from Simon Smith (Malvern Hills District Council), Judith Chadwick (Worcestershire County Council), Perry Perrott (South Worcestershire College), and Frances Roberts (Worcestershire Training Providers Association).
- 11 December 2014 South Worcestershire College. The topic for this event was ‘Dispelling the myths behind business rates and valuations' including talks from the Valuation Office Agency and South Worcestershire Strategic Partnership.