Explore a large range of independent traders on your doorstep by clicking on one of the following towns:
Why you should shop local
Here are some reasons why choosing local traders will make a real difference:
- Spending money with local businesses will help our local and national economic recovery
- Supporting high streets creates, and safeguards, jobs for local people
- Independent retailers give great deals and are competitive on price
- It is a safe way to shop as businesses have put Covid-19 Secure measures in place
- Local businesses generate money to support local services such as libraries, parks and roads that benefit communities
- You are spoilt for choice as local businesses often stock items you won’t find anywhere else
- Small businesses are often run by local people and they offer a friendly, personal shopping experience
- Local shops often source their goods locally which helps our environment by reducing their carbon footprint
Avoid the hassle and delays of going abroad by holidaying at home.
Browse local staycation destinations and accommodation to The Malverns.
Town Centre Plans
The Malvern Hills Town Centre Plans were approved at the May 2022 Council Executive Meeting. The five plans covering Upton upon Severn, Great Malvern, Barnards Green, Malvern Link and Tenbury Wells, seek to identify opportunities for further improvement.
Welcome Back Fund
In June 2020, Malvern Hills District Council received funding from the ERDF Reopening High Streets Safely Fund, followed by the ERDF Welcome Back Fund, to support the safe reopening of high streets across the district.
The funding has now ended however it was used to support the following:
- Town Centre Recovery Officer post
- Business support
- Safety signage and measures including hand sanitiser stations
- Public realm enhancements
- New and existing events
- Town centre activities
- Campaigns and marketing incl. radio, video and digital marketing
- Footfall data platform
- Consultancy support for Town Centre Plans
If you are a town centre trader keep up to date with the latest news, events, grants and more with the Town Centres Newsletter.