Let’s get back to supporting our traders safely
All businesses are now open and able to trade. While legal restrictions on social contact and the wearing of face coverings have been removed, Covid-19 has not gone away. Many businesses still have safety measures in place to protect you and their staff. The latest government advice is that face coverings should still be worn in crowded areas.
Explore a large range of independent traders on your doorstep by clicking on one of the following towns:
Restrictions on travelling to many countries remain in place. Avoid the hassle and delays by holidaying at home.
Browse local staycation destinations and accommodation to The Malverns.
Why you should shop local
Here are some reasons why choosing local traders will make a real difference.
- Spending money with local businesses will help our local and national economic recovery
- Supporting high streets creates, and safeguards, jobs for local people
- Independent retailers give great deals and are competitive on price
- It is a safe way to shop as businesses have put Covid-19 Secure measures in place
- Local businesses generate money to support local services such as libraries, parks and roads that benefit communities
- You are spoilt for choice as local businesses often stock items you won’t find anywhere else
- Small businesses are often run by local people and they offer a friendly, personal shopping experience
- Local shops often source their goods locally which helps our environment by reducing their carbon footprint
Malvern Hills District Council has received funding from the ERDF Reopening High Streets Safely Fund to support the safe reopening of high streets across the district.
If you are a town centre trader keep up to date with the latest news, events, grants and more with the Town Centres Newsletter.