Visitor Economy Action Plan
In this section you will find the following information:
- Business Advice
- Business Rates
- Grants and Funding
- Local Job Opportunities
- Skills, Training and Apprenticeships
- Town Centres
- Tourism and Visitor Economy
- Malvern Hills Science Park
Page 3 of 7
2019 Economic Impact Assessment
This was carried out by The Research Solution Company
2019 Key Findings
Total tourism value in 2019 was nearly £145 million, with £123,086,100 visitor spend and £21,884,000 indirect spend.
- 3.9 million trips were taken to the district – 3,772,000 day trips and 205,000 overnight stays. This compares to 3,492,000 day trips and 211,000 overnight trips in 2018.
- During their visit to The Malverns, visitors spent approximately £123 million of which just over £32 million was from overnight visits.
- The overnight trips account for a total of nearly 0.64 million nights in the area (an average of 3 nights per trip).
- Overnight visits accounted for £32 million compared to £92 million from day trippers. In 2018 overnight visits were worth a similar amount at £31,918,000 and day trips £85,229,000.
- The spending supported 2,917 jobs, with approximately 2,029 direct tourism-related jobs and 751 via the tourism industry supply chain. This equates to 8% employed in tourism and hospitality across the Malvern Hills district. This is a 4.9% increase on 2018 when there were 2,780 tourism related jobs.