Caravan Site Licensing

There are three types of caravan site and all are subject to the need for planning approval and must have a site licence.

The register of licensed caravan sites in the district is currently being updated

The word caravan includes all mobile homes or motor homes or touring units.

  • Residential Sites. These are sites where homes can be occupied for twelve months per year
  • Static Holiday Sites. These are sites for temporary, holiday use where the site is closed for a period of the year
  • Touring Sites. These are sites for holiday use where caravans are usually towed to the site for short periods of time

All caravan site licences include a set of conditions that must be complied with.

These conditions include requirements about fire precautions, minimum spacing distance between units, water supplies and drainage, car parking etc.