Challenging a Universal Credit decision

If you disagree with a decision about your Universal Credit claim then the first thing you should do is contact your local job centre using the details on your decision letter and ask for an explanation of the reasons behind a decision. You should do this as soon as possible.

Once you have received an explanation you still believe the decision is wrong then you can ask for the Department of Work and Pensions to  look at it again this is known as a ‘mandatory reconsideration’.

You will need to do this within 1 month of the date of the decision.

Further information is available here or if you need further advice contact South Worcestershire Citizens Advice Bureau.

Please note that Malvern Hills District Council does not hold detailed information regarding Universal Credit claimants and will not be able to advise you as to why or why not a payment decision has been made.