Change in Circumstances

If you already receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support and your circumstances change, you must inform us immediately. If you do not tell us within 21 days you may lose benefits.

The kind of changes you need to advise us about are:

  • When you move 
  • When your income changes
  • Any other changes.

You can also obtain a form from any of our contact centres in Malvern or Tenbury Wells.

What changes do I need to report?

Income changes

  • If you or your partner start or finish work
  • An increase or decrease in any of you or your partner's income
  • An increase or decrease in you or your partner's savings
  • You or your partner start or stop getting income support or job seekers allowance
  • You or your partner start or stop getting any other benefits, for example, incapacity benefit, tax credits, child tax credits or pension credit
  • The income of another adult living with you changes.

Download and complete the Housing and Council Tax Benefit Change of Income Form or contact us and let us know straight away.

Moving home

If you are moving address, it is very important that you tell us immediately as a delay may affect the date the amount you may receive. 

You can download and complete the Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support Change of Address Form

Household changes

  • if someone comes to live with you
  • if someone living with you moves out
  • if someone in the household passes away
  • date a child leaves school or the date child benefit payments stop
  • date a child starts work or goes to college/university
  • date if you have another child
  • if you or your partner go into hospital for more than 6 weeks