Malvern Hills District Council is delivering a Couch to 5km programme aiming to get people from the couch and gradually work up to running 5km over the 12 week programme.
The national initiative is for anyone of any age and it’s designed for real beginners. The course aims to help build your running confidence, stamina, fitness and well-being, as well as being social. Our style is fun, social and informal so that everyone feels comfortable and supported with clear progression each week.
There are 12 weeks in the programme and each week you will do one run with us and two "homework" runs. Our fully qualified leader in running fitness, Rachel Vann, will provide free training, advice and support throughout. You will also gain on-going support from each other.
At the end of the 12 weeks we will run the Worcester Woods Park Run together.
The course costs just £25.
Future course dates
- Starting Tuesday 14 January 2020, 10:30-11:30am, Upton Hill Centre, WR8 0EN
- Starting Tuesday 14 January 2020, 6:30 - 7:30pm, Malvern Vale Community Centre, WR14 1GU
- Starting Wednesday 15 January 2020, 9:15-10:15am, Pendock Primary School, GL19 3PW
- Starting Thursday 16 January 2020, 12:00-1:00pm, The Council House, Malvern, WR14 3AF
Graduation run will take place on Saturday 11 April, 9am at Worcester Woods Park Run.
- Starting Tuesday 12th May 2020, 6-7am, Costa Coffee, Malvern Retail Park
- Starting Tuesday 12th May 2020, 10.15-11.15am, Upton Community Centre
- Starting Thursday 14th May 2020, 10-11am, Malvern Town Football Club
Graduation run will take place on Saturday 1st August 2020, 9am at Worcester Woods Park Run.
How to book - booking is essential
There are only 12 places available for each course with a minimum number of five people for the course to run. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
A booking form must be completed to confirm your space, payment alone is not confirmation of booking.