Welcome to our first Malvern Hills District Sport & Leisure Strategy, entitled Active Communities Malvern Hills District – A Vision for the Future.
This strategy defines how the council will support sport and leisure provision in the future.
It has been developed within the context of the council being committed to improving the quality of life for all of our communities, within an environment of change and financial constraint.
The strategy identifies key priorities for the council in the future, through its new ‘deal' with the community and a clear three pronged policy position on what we will continue to do, what we will support and enable others to do and what we will no longer do.
The report comprises of a Headline Strategy which provides the concise strategic overview of the strategy and an additional 11 chapters, which provide a full comprehensive review.
Click on the following links to download each section of the report:
- Headline Strategy
- Chapter 7: Current sport and leisure provision
- Chapter 8: Consultation findings
- Chapter 9:What sport and leisure provision does Malvern Hills need?
- Chapter 10: Current good practice and case studies across the district
- Chapter 11:Active communities Malvern Hills district – a vision for the future
- Chapter 12: Existing built leisure provision currently being supported by Malvern Hills District Council
- Chapter 13: Specific development opportunities in Malvern Hills district
- Chapter 14: Tenbury Swimming Pool need assessment
- Chapter 15: Malvern Splash Leisure Complex health and fitness and soft play need assessment
- Chapter 16: Malvern Hills District Council's leisure procurement strategy
- Chapter 17: Action Plan
Five Year Progress Review
With the Sport and Leisure Strategy reaching the mid way point, a progress review has been completed to look back at the achievements over the first five years of the strategy