Reassuringly Local Campaign - support local traders
Even though current national coronavirus restrictions mean many of our local businesses are closed, you can still support them online from the safety of your own home.
Use the links below to find local businesses offering online shopping, delivery, click and collect and takeaway services.
- Shops offering online shopping, delivery and click and collect
- Food and drink suppliers offering online shopping delivery and click and collect
- Restaurants, cafes, pubs and takeaways offering delivery and collection
Plan your next shopping trip with a new handy guide to the district’s independent shops.
Shop local at Christmas
There are plenty of reasons why you should shop local at Christmas.
- Free parking after 3pm, from 1 December to 24 December in Malvern Hills District Council car parks
- Take our Christmas shop window trail and win a prize
- Late night opening hours
- Find out more about Christmas in Malvern Hills District.
Local businesses across the district have gone to great lengths to put in place safety measures so you can shop with confidence during this challenging time.
We're supporting them by putting up signs to remind people of how to shop safely and by installing public hand sanitiser points.
You can help protect yourself and others while out shopping by:
- Washing or sanitising your hands regularly
- Wearing a face covering in shops and other indoor spaces
- Keeping a safe distance from others
- Following the Covid-19 Secure measures businesses have put in place
- Paying by contactless if you can
Why you should shop local
Here are some reasons why choosing local traders will make a real difference.
- Spending money with local businesses will help our local and national economic recovery
- Supporting high streets creates, and safeguards, jobs for local people
- Independent retailers give great deals and are competitive on price
- It is a safe way to shop as businesses have put Covid-19 Secure measures in place
- Local businesses generate money to support local services such as libraries, parks and roads that benefit communities
- You are spoilt for choice as local businesses often stock items you won’t find anywhere else
- Small businesses are often run by local people and they offer a friendly, personal shopping experience
- Local shops often source their goods locally which helps our environment by reducing their carbon footprint
Reopening High Streets Safely Fund
Malvern Hills District Council has received funding from the ERDF Reopening High Streets Safely Fund to support the safe reopening of high streets across the district.