Reassuringly Local Campaign - support local traders
Even though current national coronavirus restrictions mean many of our local businesses are closed, you can still support them online from the safety of your own home.
Use the links below to find local businesses offering online shopping services. Please follow the latest government coronavirus guidance and make sure you only leave home for essential reasons.
If you do have to leave home for essentials, then we advise you to do the following:
- Limit the amount of time you spend in store
- Sanitise your hands properly before entering the store and wear a face covering (this should cover your nose and mouth at all times)
- Try not to touch items unless you intend to buy them
- Keep apart from people not in your household, 2 metres if possible
- Follow the Covid-19 Secure measures businesses have put in place
- Pay by contactless if you can
We also ask you to be kind and considerate to shop staff, and each other, during this challenging time.
Why you should shop local
Here are some reasons why choosing local traders will make a real difference.
- Spending money with local businesses will help our local and national economic recovery
- Supporting high streets creates, and safeguards, jobs for local people
- Independent retailers give great deals and are competitive on price
- It is a safe way to shop as businesses have put Covid-19 Secure measures in place
- Local businesses generate money to support local services such as libraries, parks and roads that benefit communities
- You are spoilt for choice as local businesses often stock items you won’t find anywhere else
- Small businesses are often run by local people and they offer a friendly, personal shopping experience
- Local shops often source their goods locally which helps our environment by reducing their carbon footprint
Reopening High Streets Safely Fund
Malvern Hills District Council has received funding from the ERDF Reopening High Streets Safely Fund to support the safe reopening of high streets across the district.