Planning Applications (Development Control)


You can now submit a Planning Application online.

An interactive guide for Householders: Do I need Planning Permission?

Please also see our Validation Checklists to ensure that you have submitted all the necessary information.

The quickest way to access planning applications or view documents is to go online. If you cannot find what you are looking for, then please complete the contact form.

What we do

Our main job is to assess proposals for development: either physical work like new buildings and extensions, or changes of use of land or buildings.

The section deals with the processing of applications for Planning Permission, Advertisement Consent, Listed Building Consent, Conservation Area Consent and Hedgerow Removal. We also give informal advice on proposals.

Development Control is divided into two teams: The Southern Area Team covers the Malvern and Upton-upon-Severn area. The Northern Area Team covers the rest of the district including Kempsey, Powick, Martley and Tenbury.

Contact details

Please visit the Planning Portal (A site operated by the Government's Planning Inspectorate - 'a gateway to the world of Town & Country Planning'). Alternatively, telephone: 01684 862221 or please email

Contact form

Any correspondence should be addressed to:

Planning Services
Malvern Hills District Council
Council House
Avenue Road
WR14 3AF

You may also obtain advice on Planning matters from Planning Consultants and free advice may in some instances be provided by Planning Aid.

A Duty Planner will normally be available to answer general planning enquiries over the phone between 10.15am and 1pm Monday to Friday. Please contact customer services general enquiries and ask for the duty planning officer.