Discretionary Housing Payments

To apply for discretionary housing payment, you must:

  • Be receiving Housing Benefit or
  • Be in receipt of Universal Credit with a Housing Costs element

If the benefit payment amount does not cover your total rent, then you can apply for this additional payment.

Discretionary housing payments are not payments of housing benefit, and there is only a certain amount of money available each year so it's important that you make your claim as soon as possible.

You can apply for discretionary housing payment by downloading and completing the discretionary housing payment form.

Or you can get a form at any of our contact centres in Malvern and Tenbury Wells or contact us and we will send one out to you. We aim to deal with your claim within 28 days.