Footpath Diversions (S257)
Rights of Way
A right of way is legally a highway and anyone can use them at any time. There are different types of rights of way some you can walk on while others you can ride, cycle or drive a vehicle on. For further information click here.
With the introduction of the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000 (CROW), you can walk freely on mapped areas of mountain, moor, heath, down and registered common land without having to stick to paths. For further information click here.
Rights of way definitive map
Worcestershire County Council are the Highway Authority responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the Public Rights of Way network in Worcestershire. You can view the most up to date version of the Definitive Map on their Website. To report a problem with the public Rights of Way network or to apply for changes to the map, such as a deletion, addition or diversion of a route, contact the Countryside Service.
Footpath diversion orders
As a planning authority Malvern Hills District Council has the power to deal with applications to divert or stop up (close) public rights of way under s.257 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, where the diversion/stopping up is to enable development which has been (or would be) granted planning permission. However, we must be satisfied that it is necessary for any path to be diverted or extinguished.
If you wish to apply for a path to be diverted under s.257 please see the guidance notes and application form below.
Listed below are notices of public footpath orders and statements explaining why the order has been made, and confirming the date by which comments on the order should be received by the district council.
Leigh Sinton 704
- Leigh Sinton 704 - Notice
- Leigh Sinton 704 - Explanatory Statement
- Leigh Sinton 704 - Order
- Leigh Sinton 704 - Plan
- Alfrick 537 - Notice
- Alfrick 537- Explanatory Statement
- Alfrick 537 - Public Path Diversion Order 2018
- Alfrick 537 - Notice 4.10.18
- Alfrick 537 - Public Path Order 4.10.18
- Holt - Notice
- Holt - Explanatory Statement
- Holt - Public Path Diversion Order 2018 (2)
- Holt - Plan
- Holt - Public Path Diversion Order Confirmation Order 2018
- Holt - Confirmation Notice
- Bransford - Notice
- Bransford - Explanatory Statement
- Bransford - Public Path Diversion Order
- Bransford - Public Path Diversion Order 2018 (BF529 2)
- Bransford - Notice (BF529 2)
- Bransford - Explanatory Statement (BF529)
- Bransford – Public Path Diversion Confirmation Order 2018
- Bransford – Confirmation Notice
Welland 520, 521 & 527
- Kempsey - Notice
- Kempsey - Explanatory Statement
- Kempsey - Public Path Diversion Order
- Kempsey - Confirmation Notice
- Kempsey - Confirmed Order
Martley 695, 696, 699, 700 and 701
- Martley - Footpath Agreement Plan
- Martley - Explanatory Statement
- Martley - Public Path Diversion Order
- Martley - Notice