If you are looking for an affordable home to buy or rent, then apply on Home Choice Plus. You can view all of the social housing options* across Worcestershire. The service allows you to search and bid for the most suitable property that you are eligible for and that meets the needs of you and your family.

Some of the available housing options include:

  • Shared ownership - own a share of a property, where you buy a part and pay rent on the other part which you don't own
  • Mutual Exchange -  swap your housing association home with another tenant 
  • Social Housing - if you are in particular need or on a low income, homes are available from the government or non-profit organisations
  • Homeownership - purchase options if you want to get a foot on the property ladder
  • Sheltered housing - if you are over 55 and want to live in self-contained accommodation which you can buy or rent, and receive support and assistance if required
  • Supported housing - housing and sometimes care services are provided to you if you are in need, for example, health needs, homeless, victims of domestic abuse and mental illness
  • Private rented - if you want to rent housing that is owned by a private individual or company, rather than a public housing authority

*We do not own housing stock, the affordable housing in our area is owned and managed by Housing Associations.

Register for Home Choice Plus


To start bidding, you will need to complete the online Home Choice Plus application form for your household.

By post

Download and complete a Home Choice Plus application form for printing.

Once completed, return the form to the Malvern, Tenbury or Upton libraries or any of the participating partners. All of these locations have free internet access available.

Social housing is in great demand, therefore you could wait a long time before being allocated a property. Find out more about our affordable home ownership housing options and get help to find a home.

Eligibility for Home Choice Plus

  • You must be over the age of 16 to register for Home Choice Plus. However, some housing associations/registered providers may not consider you for a tenancy if you are under the age of 18, please contact our housing services department to discuss this further.
  • If you are travelling to the United Kingdom from abroad, then you are not entitled to a housing association or registered provider accommodation on the basis of your immigration status.

Allocations policy

The allocation of properties will be subject to the allocation policies of individual Housing Associations, where they have a policy. Applicants will then be assessed on the Housing Register according to their stated priorities. The various Housing Associations may have different rules about the number of people who can live in the home of a particular size. This information will be made clear when a property is advertised. 

Visit the Home Choice Plus website to find information on property lettings, eligibility and how the banding system works. Visit Shelter to check if your home is overcrowded.

Useful information