How to Comment or Object an Application
(This section covers how to object or support a planning application)
All information disclosed on the file on our website regarding an application is open to public inspection.
For security purposes, the intention is that all signatures, e-mail addresses and telephone contact details will be withheld from publication on our website. We do not accept anonymous representations. As a minimum all representations should contain the home address.
N.B ANY COMMENTS / OBJECTIONS POSTED DIRECTLY TO OUR WEBSITE WILL INCLUDE ALL THE INFORMATION WHICH YOU PROVIDE (INCLUDING PERSONAL CONTACT DETAILS SUCH AS SIGNATURES, E-MAIL ADDRESSES AND TELEPHONE CONTACT DETAILS). IF YOU DO NOT WISH THESE PERSONAL CONTACT DETAILS TO APPEAR ON OUR WEBSITE, PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE THEM IN YOUR ON-LINE COMMENTS AND ALTERNATIVELY MAKE YOUR COMMENTS ON AN ATTACHMENT TO AN EMAIL.
ALL COMMENTS MADE AUTOMATICALLY APPEAR ON OUR WEBSITE. MAKE SURE THAT YOUR COMMENTS ARE RELEVANT AND NOT DEFAMATORY OR OFFENSIVE, BECAUSE YOU REMAIN PERSONALLY AND LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THEM. IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING PHOTOGRAPHS PLEASE ENSURE THEY DO NOT CONTAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION SUCH AS CAR NUMBER PLATES AND THAT THEY ARE RELEVANT TO THE PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT UNDER CONSIDERATION. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE FROM THIS WEBSITE THE ENTIRETY OF ANY COMMENT WHICH CONTAINS ANY WORDS WHICH ARE OR MAY BE DEFAMATORY OR OFFENSIVE.
Please note: Comments you make will not be replied to.
We encourage you to use our comment facility via our planning register website, by using our Quick or Advanced search options to will be able to select the application you wish to comment on and clicking on the Make a Comment button. Go to the On line Planning register. PLEASE NOTE: Representations cannot be taken into account by the Council without a contact name and a full postal address. Please ensure you state these and the application number in your e-mail.
In writing by letter or petition
Planning and Housing Services, The Council House, Avenue Road, Malvern, Worcs, WR14 3AF.
Comments may be made by anyone, regardless of whether they are consulted individually. Please ensure that your include your name, the date, full postal address and the reference number of the application you are commenting on.
We welcome any comments, whether in support of an application or objecting to it, although the council can only take account of "planning considerations".
These include matters such as:
- The effect on traffic or parking
- The appearance of the proposal
- Overlooking or disturbance,
- Loss of light or privacy,
- Impact on the local environment
- Whether the proposed use is suitable.
We cannot take into account matters such as:
- Private disputes between neighbours
- Matters covered by leases or covenants
- The impact of construction work
- Competition between firms
Please refrain from making comments about the applicant or other interested parties.
Do not use the online comments facility as a forum to exchange views.
- Comments should be submitted as soon as possible, although the council will take into account any representations received up to the date it makes a decision.
- Senior officers make decisions on minor or non-controversial applications but if the application is to be decided by the Area Development Control Committees, any planning comments will be reported and drawn to their attention before a decision is made.
- The Committee Reports and Agendas are published at least 5 working days in advance and can be viewed here, the meetings are held in public, you can also inspect a copy of the Committee Reports under Documents.
- The council operate 'public speaking' at the Area Planning Committee Meetings. If you have made written comments, we will normally write to you to let you know the time and venue of the meeting.
- Only the applicant can appeal against the decision but if an appeal is made, you will be notified and will then have the opportunity of making further representations to the Government Planning Inspector dealing with the appeal (except for Householder Appeals where you will not have the opportunity to make further representation)