Income Related Benefits

If you are of working age help will be provided by Universal Credit, visit for more information. 

People in receipt of Universal Credit may be entitled to Council Tax Support and help with housing costs, this needs to be claimed directly from the council.

Pension Credit

There are two elements of Pension Credit:

  1. Guarantee Credit is an entitlement for people aged 60 or over with low income. It tops up your income to the set guaranteed level. The amount of benefit you receive will be affected by your savings if they are above fixed limits.
  2. Savings Credit is for people aged 65 or over who are rewarded for saving for their retirement. As such, you may be able to get extra help if your pension provision is above the state pension level. This is paid with any Guarantee Credit.

Some people may get either the guarantee credit element or the savings credit element and some people will get both elements. Further information is available from The Pension Service.

People who get Pension Credit may also be able to get Housing Benefit and / or Council Tax Support, these can be claimed through the council.