Lots on offer at first Tourism Forum of the year
Malvern Hills District Council is inviting tourism businesses to the first Visit The Malverns Tourism Forum of the year.
The free event will take place in the Perry Suite at the Three Counties Showground on Thursday 28 February and will run from 1.45pm until 5pm, with a 2pm start.
Guests will be able to listen to a presentation of the new Three Counties Showground masterplan, learn how leading travel accommodation website Expedia could help their business and hear top social media tips for tourism businesses from Esther Partridge-Warner from The Social Media Café.
There will also be a discussion on how to help inspire young talent into the hospitality and tourism industry, as well as an update on the Visit The Malverns Visitor Economy Action Plan.
At the end of the event people can have their say during a tourism Q&A and catch up with other local tourism businesses during a networking session.
There will also be an opportunity to meet Victoria Carman, the council's new Visitor Economy Officer, and find out how you can promote yourself via the Visit The Malverns brand.
Cllr David Chambers, Leader of Malvern Hills District Council, said: "The Visit The Malverns Tourism Forum is a great opportunity to gain valuable advice to make the most of your business. Events like this also enable local, like-minded people to network and create a dialogue on how to offer the best service for our thriving district."
A table will be allocated for a literature swap and businesses are welcome to bring along leaflets for others to pick up and promote to their visitors and guests.
The full agenda is as follows:
- 1.45pm Register with tea/coffee on arrival
- 2pm Welcome
- 2.10pm Three Counties Showground Masterplan by Ken Nottage (Three Counties Showground)
- 2.30pm Update on the Visitor Economy Action Plan by Simon Smith and Victoria Carmen (MHDC)
- 2.50pm Inspiring Young Talent Into The Hospitality and Tourism Industry by Bridget Robinson (How College)
- 3.10pm How can Expedia deliver global exposure to the Malvern Hills and the local tourism industry accommodation providers? by Liam Keelan (Expedia)
- 3.40pm Top Tips For Promoting Your Business via Social Media by Esther Partridge-Warner (Social Media Café)
- 4.10pm Q&A
- 4.20pm Networking Afternoon Tea
- 5pm End