Remembrance Day services in Malvern Hills District 2021
Remembrance Sunday falls on 14 November this year and is an opportunity to remember the service and sacrifice of all those that have defended our freedoms and protected our way of life.
We remember the Armed Forces, and their families, from Britain and the Commonwealth, the vital role played by the emergency services and those that have lost their lives as a result of conflict or terrorism.
Visit the Royal British Legion website for more information on the national service of Remembrance.
Road Closures can be found on the Worcestershire County Council website.
Below you can find information on local Remembrance Day services across the Malvern Hills District:
- An Armistice Day service will be held on Thursday, 11 November at Great Malvern Priory. Arrival will from 10.45am and seating will be in front of the War Memorial. Reverend Rod Corke will introduce the service. There will be a laying of Crosses in front of War Memorial.
- A Remembrance Day service will be held at Great Malvern Library on Sunday, 14 November. The parade will meet at 10.30am on Graham Road, by the Cotford Hotel and will march off at 10.40am. The ceremony will commence at 10.50am at the library forecourt. There will be a wreath laying and two minute silence.
Visit Malvern Town Council website for more information.
- On Thursday 11 November, Tenbury Town Council will hold an Armistice Day Ceremony. This will be held in the Memorial Garden off Teme Street Car park at 10:55am followed by refreshments in The Pavilion.
- The Remembrance Sunday parade will assemble on 14 November at 10am in the Market Space at Tesco off Teme Street and the parade will move off at 10:15am. The parade will be led by the Union Flag and Tenbury Town Band. It will arrive at St Mary's Church and form up around the memorial to lay wreaths. A Remembrance Service will be held in St. Mary's Church starting at 10:50am.
Visit the Tenbury Town Council website for more information.
Upton upon Severn
Upton upon Severn Town Council would like to invite you to attend the Annual Remembrance Sunday parade, church service and wreath laying ceremony this year.
- Please meet at the Old Fire Station, New Street at 10am on Sunday 14 November, the parade will move off at 10.20am. Everyone will need to be seated in the church by 10.45am at the latest for the service to begin. After the church service, the parade will go back down to the War Memorial in Lower High Street and the wreath laying ceremony will start around 12 noon.
If you would like to lay a wreath at the ceremony, please collect one from the Memorial Hall during the week before the event.
In addition to the Remembrance Sunday parade and service, the following events will also take place:
- Thursday 11 November, 10.30am at the William Tennant Memorial. There will be a short wreath-laying ceremony by the memorial (on the old churchyard by the Pepperpot).
- Thursday 11 November, 10.40am Armistice Day. There will be a short wreath-laying and flag-raising ceremony outside the Memorial Hall. Refreshments will be in the hall afterwards.
Visit the Upton Town Council website for more information.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.