Performing animals registration

Licence summary

If you exhibit, use or train performing animals, in England, Wales or Scotland, you must be registered with either your Local authority or County Council (if you live in Worcestershire you will need to apply to Worcestershire Regulatory Services).
Applications must contain details about the animals and the performances they are to take part in.
Applications are be subject to a fee.

Eligibility Criteria

Please contact

Regulation Summary

A summary of the regulation relating to this licence

Application Evaluation Process

Please contact

Will Tacit Consent Apply?

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted, if you have not heard from the local authority by the end of the target completion period

Apply online

Online applications are not supported

Failed Application Redress

Please contact

Licence Holder Redress

Please contact

Consumer Complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery).

If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Citizens advice will give you advice.

From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Other Redress

A police officer or officer of the local authority may make a complaint to the local magistrates' court if they feel that animals have been subject to cruelty.

Trade Associations

In partnership with EUGO logo