Rights of Way
A right of way is legally a highway and anyone can use them at any time. There are different types of rights of way some you can walk on while others you can ride, cycle or drive a vehicle on. Further information on Rights of Way.
With the introduction of the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000 (CROW), you can walk freely on mapped areas of mountain, moor, heath, down and registered common land without having to stick to paths. Further information on land management rights/responsibilities.
Rights of way definitive map
Worcestershire County Council are the Highway Authority responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the Public Rights of Way network in Worcestershire. You can view the most up to date version of the Definitive Map on their Website. To report a problem with the public Rights of Way network or to apply for changes to the map, such as a deletion, addition or diversion of a route, contact the Countryside Service.
Footpath diversion orders
As a planning authority Malvern Hills District Council has the power to deal with applications to divert or stop up (close) public rights of way under s.257 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, where the diversion/stopping up is to enable development which has been (or would be) granted planning permission. However, we must be satisfied that it is necessary for any path to be diverted or extinguished.
Listed below are notices of public footpath orders and statements within the last 12 months explaining why the order has been made, and confirming the date by which comments on the order should be received by the district council.
- Malvern 748 - Explanatory Statement
- Malvern 748 - Notice
- Malvern 748 - Order
- Malvern 748 - Confirmed Order
- Malvern 748 - Confirmed Notice
- Eldersfield 678 - Explanatory Statement
- Eldersfield 678 - Notice
- Eldersfield 678 - Order
- Eldersfield 678 - Confirmed Order
- Eldersfield 678 - Confirmed Notice
- Grimley 537 - Explanatory statement
- Grimley 537 - Notice
- Grimley 537- Order
- Grimley 537 - Confirmed Order
- Grimley 537 - Confirmed Notice
- Hallow 552 - Explanatory Statement
- Hallow 552 - Notice
- Hallow 552 - Order
- Hallow 552 - Confirmed Order
- Hallow 552 - Confirmed Notice
Leigh Sinton 704
- Leigh Sinton 704 - Explanatory Statement
- Leigh Sinton 704 - Notice
- Leigh Sinton 704 - Order
- Leigh Sinton 704 - Plan
- Leigh Sinton 704 - Confirmed Order
- Leigh Sinton 704 - Confirmed Notice