Waste collections have changed in Malvern Hills district. Click here to find out more.
You can report missed collections, request sacks/bins, sign up to our Garden Waste service and much more via our online SelfService system. This system is available 24/7. You can find it here
Household recycling is collected:
- Fortnightly* - find your collection day
- In a green wheeled recycling bin where possible
- Inside the boundary of your property nearest the main road - do not obstruct public highways - check location
- Between 7am and 5pm - please place your recycling out for collection by 7am
*if your recycling is collected in sacks, your collection is still fortnightly.
Put items into your green bin loose - do not use a bin liner or put recycling in bags.
- If you have difficulty placing your recycling bin out for collection we offer an assisted collection service
- Households that are unsuitable for a recycling bin are provided with a recycling sack collection. For safety reasons glass cannot be recycled via recycling sacks. On the day of collection sacks must be made visible to and ready for collection by the refuse operatives. We cannot guarantee that sacks left in bins or other containers will be taken and we will not return to collect them if reported as missed. Please ensure sacks are tied at the top.
- If you have a recycling bin and have additional recycling we will collect it - please present it next to your bin in a pink/clear sack or a recyclable container such as a cardboard box.
- Residents who use recycling sacks can take glass bottles and jars to the nearest bottle bank
- Find out when your recycling is collected
- Where does your recycling go?
Recycling Hints and Tips
You can find out more about reducing, re-using and recycling from Let's waste less.
- Make space next to your waste bin for a recycling and/or compost container.
- Recycle bottles and jars at your local supermarket when you do your weekly shop - drop before you shop!
- There is no need to squash cans, cartons or bottles anymore - but do please wash them out.
- Recycle clothes, books and unwanted gifts at charity shops, clothes banks, or door step charity bags.
- Re-use take-away plastic containers for packed lunches or food storage.
- When you go shopping use an environmentally friendly re-usable material shopping bag.
- Reduce your junk mail by contacting The Mailing Preference Service.
- Place a compost bin in your garden for kitchen and soft garden waste.
- Larger items can be taken to a household waste site or you could arrange for a bulky collection.
- For information on furniture re-use try Malvern Hills Freecycle.