We can collect up to three items from you at a charge of £28 - only items on the approved list will be collected at this rate.
Throughout October, we will offer Bulky collections on Mondays and Wednesdays. Bulky collections are not available on a Tuesday, Thursday or Friday. We do not offer a bulky collection service on Bank Holidays. The latest time that a bulky collection can be booked is noon on the previous working day.
- Payment must be made before items are collected.
- Collection details must be confirmed at time of booking.
- Only items stated will be collected.
- Please place the items at the front of your property on the day of collection by 7am.
- Please note that collection operatives will not come into your property or garage to collect the items. This has always been the case but is even more prudent in the current environment.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancelled collections.
- If the item is not as described and/or not in an accessible position for the operatives you will still be charged for the collection. If you wish to rearrange the collection after this, you will be charged again.
- Our operatives will employ social distancing measures and wear full PPE when completing the collection. Please co-operate by keeping a safe distance.
Bulky items accepted and counted as one item
- Armchair (non-electrically adjustable)
- Carpet (1 roll, 25kg maximum)
- CD/Record player
- Cooker (60cm wide x 60cm deep x 90cm high maximum)
- Dining Chair
- Dishwasher (60cm wide x 60cm deep x 87cm high maximum)
- Double bed base (to suit a mattress width of 54", 137cm)
- Double mattress (width 54", 137cm)
- Dressing table
- Filing Cabinet - 1, 2, 3 or 4 drawer (must be empty)
- Fridge (60cm wide x 60cm deep x 87cm high maximum)
- Freezer (60cm wide x 60cm deep x 87cm high maximum)
- Free-standing room heater
- Free-standing Wardrobe
- Hedge Clippers
- Home Computer
- Home Printer
- Home Scanner
- Hot tub lid (the lid only; we do not collect hot tubs)
- Ironing Board
- Lawn Mower
- Lino (1 roll, 25kg maximum)
- Laundry Horse
- Metal Trolley
- Patio Umbrella including stand
- Plastic Garden Chair
- Rotary garden washing line
- Sewing machine
- Single bed base
- Single mattress
- Spin Dryer
- Table top cooker
- Tumble Dryer
- Vacuum cleaner
- Video Player/Recorder/DVD Player
- Water Butt (must be empty)
Up to three items from the above list will cost £28
Items accepted and charged at £28 per item
- Single sofa (2 seater or 3 seater) (non-electrically adjustable)
- Large Domestic Fridge
- Large Domestic Freezer
- Large Domestic Chest Freezer
- Upright Domestic Fridge Freezer
- American Style Domestic Fridge Freezer
- Domestic Cooker With Eye-Level Grill (taller than 90cm)
- Domestic Washing Machine
- Mattress wider than 54", 137cm (King size or Super King size)
- Bed base designed for a mattress wider than 54", 137cm
- Portable Air Conditioning units (must be drained of any condensed water)
- Gas Barbecue (any size). Gas cylinders must be disconnected & will not be collected
- Garden shredder
- Bunk Bed Frame.
- Log Burner
- Cardboard - approx. 3 cubic meters
We are unable to remove mattresses that have been left out in the rain and are subsequently too heavy for our operatives to lift. Please cover the mattress with polythene sheeting or place the mattress under cover but accessible.
Items accepted and charged at £36.50 per item
- 3 Piece Suite
- Corner Sofas (all variants of a corner sofa)
- Electrically adjustable armchair, sofa or bed
- Exercise bike
- Rowing machine
- Childrens play house (plastic) - must be dismantled prior to collection
- Childrens play house (wooden) - must be dismantled prior to collection with no nails or screws protruding. Max size of house: 6ft x 6ft x 6ft (2m x 2m x 2m)
- Carpet and floor underlay
Items accepted and charged at £82.50 per item
Item not listed
If you wish to have any item collected that is not listed on the above lists, please contact us on 01684 862490 to discuss.
Bulky items not allowed
- Building waste
- Bulky garden waste
- Fitted kitchen or bedroom units
- House clearances
- Building rubble
- Ceramic items
No liquid, hazardous or difficult waste
- Car parts or tyres
- Fluorescent tubes
- Engine Oil
- Clinical waste
- Dead Pets
If the items are in good condition
- Consider contacting re-use organisations in your area (normally a charity).
- Another good option is to place your bulky item on www.freecycle.org/
Other ways of disposing of bulky waste
Household Waste and Recycling Centres
Worcestershire's Household Recycling Centres are open but with social distancing restrictions in place.
Skip hire and house clearance companies
Householders' Duty of Care
Important! Householders now have a legal responsibility to make sure that only registered Waste Carriers collect their waste. Search the Environment Agency public register of those with a Waste Carriers Licence. Anyone offering a waste collection service such as odd jobbers, gardeners, or builders needs a waste carriers licence, so if anyone takes waste away for you always remember to:
- ask to see their waste carriers licence and make note of the number
- ask for a company headed receipt
- note down telephone number and vehicle registration
If your waste carrier does not have the correct licence, and then disposes of your waste illegally (Fly Tipping and Littering), you as the householder will be held responsible and may be liable to prosecution and could be fined up to £5,000.