Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs)
Supplementary Planning Documents are produced to provide more detail on the application of policy, either for specific sites or on specific subjects.
SPDs do not have 'development plan' status, but are subject to public consultation and can be used as material considerations in the determination of planning applications.
Older Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG) is being replaced by the newer style SPDs.
The South Worcestershire Councils are consulting on the following draft Supplementary Planning Documents:
Draft Developer Contributions SPD
The draft Developer Contributions SPD sets out advice in light of new infrastructure evidence, e.g. the development of the Local Transport Plan 4, and a number of other amendments including to take account of the adoption of a Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL), which came into effect in June 2017 for Malvern Hills District and Wychavon District Councils, and September 2017 for Worcester City Council.
Draft Renewable and Low Carbon Energy SPD
This SPD relates to SWDP 27 of the adopted South Worcestershire Development Plan, which seeks to promote a percentage of energy requirements on qualifying development sites to be provided from renewable and/or low carbon energy sources. The policy also requires large scale development to examine the potential for decentralised energy and heating networks. The policy is supportive of stand alone renewable and low carbon energy schemes (with the exception of wind turbines), subject to consideration of other SWDP policies.
Draft Water Management and Flooding SPD
The SPD relates to the following policies in the adopted South Worcestershire Development Plan: SWDP 28 Management of Flood Risk, SWDP 29 Sustainable Drainage Systems, and SWDP 30 Water Resources, Efficiency and Treatment, which seek to minimise the impacts of flood risk and to direct development to the areas of lowest flood risk, promote effective water management and maintain water quality.
All three SPDs are being consulted upon from Friday 2nd February to Friday 16th March 2018. All representations MUST be received by 17:00 on the closing date.
The draft documents can be viewed on the SWDP website: http://www.swdevelopmentplan.org/?page_id=10027
Response forms can be downloaded and completed, for return to:
- by email to email@example.com; or
- in writing to South Worcestershire Development Plan Team, Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, WR10 1PT
Hard copies of the draft SPDs can be viewed and consultation forms can be collected at:
- Worcester - Customer Service Centre at the Hive; Libraries at St. John's and Warndon;
- Wychavon - Community Contact Centres in Pershore, Evesham and Droitwich; Libraries at Evesham, Droitwich, Pershore and Broadway;
- Malvern Hills - Customer Service Centres at Malvern and Tenbury Wells; Libraries at Malvern, Tenbury Wells and Upton upon Severn.
- South Worcestershire Planning for Health SPD (September 2017)
- Shop Front Design Guide SPD (March 2017)
- South Worcestershire Developer Contributions SPD (October 2016)
- South Worcestershire Affordable Housing SPD (October 2016)
- Draft South Worcestershire Design Guide SPD - Consultation from 31 July 2017 to 4 September 2017 (links to the SWDP website)
- South Worcestershire Water Management and Flooding SPD
- South Worcestershire Renewable and Low Carbon Energy SPD
Further information relating to SPDs can be found in the latest Local Development Scheme (LDS).
Other Associated Documents
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (January 2014)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment - Joint Screening Assessment Supplementary Planning Documents Update (April 2017)
Outgoing and Superseded SPDs and SPGs