If you find discarded syringes in a public place report them via the Report It page. You should not remove needles or syringes yourself.
Due to the danger of needle stick injuries, needles and syringes should not be disposed of in the refuse collection.
Clinical waste should be disposed of in a responsible way.
A sharps bin should be used for disposal and then taken to a disposal point.
Sharps bins are plastic containers designed for the safe disposal of hazardous waste. Sharps bins are available on prescription from a doctor. They can take needles, empty syringes, empty insulin cartridges and lancets.
Full sharps boxes can be taken back to a doctors surgery for disposal, provided the practice is registered with the Environment Agency to accept this waste.
Please visit Worcestershire County Council website for a list of needle exchange locations in the district.
Please ensure that kitchen knives (and any other similar sharp objects) are taken to your nearest Household Recycling Centre. These items must not be placed into your recycling sack, recycling bin, or the black refuse sacks.
The health and wellbeing of the operatives who collect your refuse and recycling, and that of the operatives who sort through the recycling at the Materials Reclaimation Facility is most important to us, and we require your assistance to ensure no accidents occur whilst they are carrying out their normal duties.
Please ensure you take sharp items to your local Household Recycling Centre or to one of the disposal points listed below. Thank you.
Sharps disposal points
- Evans Pharmacy, 231 Worcester Road, Malvern, WR14 1SU. Tel: 01684 575216
- Lloyds Pharmacy 93-95 Barnards Green Road, Malvern WR14 3LU. Tel: 01684 573811
- Murrays Healthcare Malvern Pharmacies Group Maple Rd, Enigma Business Park, Malvern WR14 1GQ. Tel: 01684 89194
- Murrays Healthcare Prospect View, 300 Pickersleigh Road, Malvern, WR14 2GP. Tel: 01684 567281
- Murrays Healthcare 75 Church Street, Malvern WR14 2AE. Tel: 01684 891082
- Murrays Healthcare 146 Worcester Road, Malvern WR14 1SS. Tel: 01684 575990
- Virdee G (Lygon Pharmacy) 84 Worcester Road, Malvern WR14 1NY. Tel: 01684 561196
- Rowland L & Co 7-9 Teme Street, Tenbury Wells, WR15 8BB. Tel: 01584 810480
Other Sharps disposal points in Worcestershire can be found here.